Work With Me
- Utility at Anya Hindmarch
- My Year In The Fast Lane – Going Global.
- The 10 Principles of Power
- Brand You – Preparing For Success
- A Winter of Travel: Freedom, Business, Lifestyle
- Nothing To Wear- Find Your Signature Style
- Start Your Own Business
- The Eagle has Landed – American Eagle at Westfield London
- A Summer of Travel: Business and Pleasure
- West Coast Winter – South Africa
- Fabulous at Forty: Diane Von Furstenberg Wrapping Up At Galeries Lafayette.
- Une journée à Seven Dials
- Queen Bestows Damehood On Zandra Rhodes
- What Would Maya Angelou Do?
- Health And Wealth – Herbalife’s Winning Formula Against Obesity And Unemployment.
- Can The Sugar And Shake Your Cravings…
- Dot London – April 29
- Autumn Trend: A Red Hot 2014.
- Paris Fashion Week – Streetstyle
- Parlez-Vous M&S? – Twenty New Food Stores To Open In France.
- Celine’s New Flagship Store Opens At No.103 Mount Street London.
- Stay Cool With The ‘Ice Queen’ Of French Cinema – Catherine Deneuve
- Woman On The Move – Anita Barr Joins Harvey Nichols
- Ines de la Fressange Paris’ LifeWear Uniqlo Collection.
- I Can See Clearly Now.
- A French Affair
- Boris Johnson – ‘Mad Props To The Real G’
- Phoebe Philo – Sneaking Into Work.
- Hermès – The Kelly, The Birkin And Other Keepsakes.
- Victoria Beckham – Pretty Powerful.
- Nigella Lawson – The Taste of Success.
- Stella McCartney – Music And Fashion Were Always My Passion.
- French Women Don’t Get Facelifts
- Mulberry – The Delevingne Factor
- Are You Sitting Down?
- The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- BOE Chief Mark Carney – Raising The Roof On UK Mortgage Loan Boom.
- Churchhaven – West Coast National Park South Africa
- Blue Sky Thinking – Enjoying South African Hospitality
- Winelands Marathon – Making A Run For It!
- Isabel Marant Tees Up At H&M.
- Oxford Street Christmas Lights.
- J Crew – Michelle Obama’s Click To Chic Hits London
- Slim And Strong For Life – Unleash Your Potential.
- supermodel flyfisher
- Bobbi Brown – First UK Standalone Store At White City
- Postcards From Paris
- Joan Collins – A Passion For Life
- The Thames Path – Europe’s Most Spectacular City Walk.
- Tea And Sympathy – Mariage Freres
Blogs I Follow
Marie Casey on What Would Maya Angelou D… Jo on My Year In The Fast Lane… 25 World’s Most Powe… on Angela Ahrendts – Energy… Brittany on Nothing To Wear- Find Your Sig… engelaminshull on A Summer of Travel: Business a…
- "What I think is that a good life is one hero journey after another. Over and over again, you are called to the realm of adventure, you are called to new horizons. Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell.💙 Do you dream of starting your own business, travelling the world and connecting with like-minded entrepreneurs? Starting a business is not difficult and you do not need luck, talent or a higher education to succeed. All you need, is to make a DECISION to thrive. Start with YES! Successful people do things in a certain way to ensure a profitable outcome. If you have tried doing this on your own, then you know just how challenging and lonely it can feel with no support. Let me show you how you can start today to design the business you deserve and make the money you desire.✨Build a life you don’t need a vacation from.
- Follow worklondonstyle on WordPress.com
Monthly Archives: June 2014
“Personality and jewellery will conquer everything;” said Zandra Rhodes and now it has. Queen Elizabeth has bestowed one of her highest honours, a damehood, on the British fashion and textile designer.
Rhodes received the title, equivalent to a knighthood, as part of the annual Queen’s Birthday Honours.
Rhodes, born in Chatham Kent in 1940, is the daughter of a fashion instructor and graduated from The Royal College of Art in 1964. In 1968 whilst lecturing at art college, she opened The Fulham Road Clothes Shop in Chelsea with Sylvia Ayton. She set up on her own and designed her first collection in 1969.
Considered too outrageous by traditional British manufacturers she took her designs to New York where Diana Vreeland featured it in American Vogue.
Famous for her vivid prints and colourful hair, she is considered a pillar of Sixties and Seventies British fashion. Having kept samples of all her work she founded the Textile and Fashion Museum in Bermondsey in 2003.
She has designed for the rich and famous, actors and royalty including Diana, Princess of Wales, Elizabeth Taylor, Jackie Onassis, Freddy Mercury, Kylie Minogue, Paris Hilton, Bianca Jagger and Anastasia.
Known as “The Princess of Punk” Zandra has won many awards throughout her career including ” Designer of the Year” in 1972. She was made Commander of the British Empire in 1997 and holds nine Honorary Doctorates from Universities in the USA and UK.
Rhodes lost her mother to cancer and supports Mayor Boris Johnson as Breast Cancer “ambassador” to raise awareness of the devastating disease.
Honoured with her was Hilary Mantel, author of celebrated Tudor-era novels “Bring Up The Bodies” and “Wolf Hall.”
Angelina Jolie, though not a British citizen, was made an honorary dame for her work toward eradicating sexual violence worldwide.