Work With Me
- Utility at Anya Hindmarch
- My Year In The Fast Lane – Going Global.
- The 10 Principles of Power
- Brand You – Preparing For Success
- A Winter of Travel: Freedom, Business, Lifestyle
- Nothing To Wear- Find Your Signature Style
- Start Your Own Business
- The Eagle has Landed – American Eagle at Westfield London
- A Summer of Travel: Business and Pleasure
- West Coast Winter – South Africa
- Fabulous at Forty: Diane Von Furstenberg Wrapping Up At Galeries Lafayette.
- Une journée à Seven Dials
- Queen Bestows Damehood On Zandra Rhodes
- What Would Maya Angelou Do?
- Health And Wealth – Herbalife’s Winning Formula Against Obesity And Unemployment.
- Can The Sugar And Shake Your Cravings…
- Dot London – April 29
- Autumn Trend: A Red Hot 2014.
- Paris Fashion Week – Streetstyle
- Parlez-Vous M&S? – Twenty New Food Stores To Open In France.
- Celine’s New Flagship Store Opens At No.103 Mount Street London.
- Stay Cool With The ‘Ice Queen’ Of French Cinema – Catherine Deneuve
- Woman On The Move – Anita Barr Joins Harvey Nichols
- Ines de la Fressange Paris’ LifeWear Uniqlo Collection.
- I Can See Clearly Now.
- A French Affair
- Boris Johnson – ‘Mad Props To The Real G’
- Phoebe Philo – Sneaking Into Work.
- Hermès – The Kelly, The Birkin And Other Keepsakes.
- Victoria Beckham – Pretty Powerful.
- Nigella Lawson – The Taste of Success.
- Stella McCartney – Music And Fashion Were Always My Passion.
- French Women Don’t Get Facelifts
- Mulberry – The Delevingne Factor
- Are You Sitting Down?
- The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- BOE Chief Mark Carney – Raising The Roof On UK Mortgage Loan Boom.
- Churchhaven – West Coast National Park South Africa
- Blue Sky Thinking – Enjoying South African Hospitality
- Winelands Marathon – Making A Run For It!
- Isabel Marant Tees Up At H&M.
- Oxford Street Christmas Lights.
- J Crew – Michelle Obama’s Click To Chic Hits London
- Slim And Strong For Life – Unleash Your Potential.
- supermodel flyfisher
- Bobbi Brown – First UK Standalone Store At White City
- Postcards From Paris
- Joan Collins – A Passion For Life
- The Thames Path – Europe’s Most Spectacular City Walk.
- Tea And Sympathy – Mariage Freres
September 2019 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Blogs I Follow
Marie Casey on What Would Maya Angelou D… Jo on My Year In The Fast Lane… 25 World’s Most Powe… on Angela Ahrendts – Energy… Brittany on Nothing To Wear- Find Your Sig… engelaminshull on A Summer of Travel: Business a…
- Follow worklondonstyle on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: cosmopolitan
It was a last minute decision to take part. It would be the 36th Winelands Marathon and the 16th Half Marathon. It would be a difficult and hilly route, undulating through the vineyards and strawberry farms of Stellenbosch, in the Western Cape of South Africa. One international phone call later my plane ticket and place were booked for the race. I am a keen walker but had not done any running in my London lifestyle in the past few years. It sounded like fun.
The race serves as official qualifier for the 2014 Comrades and Two Oceans marathons. The cut off time for the marathon is 5h30 and 3h30 for the half marathon. There would be medals for all finishers.
The route started in rain near my old Alma Mater, Bloemhof Girls’ High and crossed the Eerste river taking us down towards the Strand and Somerset West. So far so good. Then we hit the gravel stretch. The road turned up towards the mountain, with the next 7 km a corrugated, muddy gravel road.
From here it was almost all down hill. I finished in a respectable well under 3 hour time, just ahead of my team mates, which enabled me to grab a West Coast Team photo finish.
This year’s Oxford Street Christmas Lights Switch-On set for Tuesday, 12 November, will be hosted by the iconic Selfridges store. The lights are always spectacular and this year will be sparkling with a new ‘snow flake’ inspired theme.
Most stores have been sparkling with Christmas cheer since October.
Singer-songwriter Jessie J will be performing some of her greatest hits before switching on this year’s ‘snow flake’ inspired Christmas lights. She will be joined by X-factor winner James Arthur and international pop star Conor Maynard.
The event with a specially built catwalk stage outside Selfridges’ main entrance, starts at 5pm with the ‘switch-on’ at 6.15pm. Capital FM presenters Lisa Snowdon and David Berry will be hosting the event.
Growing up in a small village with a personal preference for the natural make-up look, I first had the opportunity to purchase Bobbi’s products during a visit to the Konigsallee in Dusseldorf, Germany.
After graduation from Emmerson College in Boston with a degree in theatrical make up, Bobbi launched her first line with 10 natural coloured lipsticks in 1991, at Bergdorf Goodman in New York. Estee Lauder bought the company in 1995 but Bobbi retains creative control of the brand. She has appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show and contributes how-to segments to The Today Show.
Her make up celebrates individuality and she believes in beauty from the inside out. Clean eating includes a regular coconut and kale smoothie, small portions of dark chocolate and coconut milk espresso.
Bobbi lives in New Jersey with Steven Plofker, her husband of 25 years and their three sons. She is an avid fan of Kanye, Jay-Z, Bruce Springsteen, Jagger and Flo Rida. On days out of the lime light she wears worn – in jeans, Vans, motor cycle boots and sweaters but cleans up beautifully in sky high heels, bigger jewellery and sequins for events and photo shoots.
Bobbi is the author of six books on health, beauty and lifestyle. She says, ‘Knowing what you can do at any given time to look and feel better is pretty powerful’.
Bobbi explains, ‘Women still need to understand what they put in their body is as important as what they put on their face’.
Bobbi Brown opened its first UK standalone store, covering 927sq ft, at Westfield London in November 2013.
Paris holds a special place in my heart. The annual Lycée book haul can prove less than glamorous unless combined with a brief visit to some favourite shops and stops. Journey with me.
World famous actress and Dynasty television star, Joan Collins signed the latest instalment of her memoirs, ‘A Passion For Life’ at Selfridges in London today. Joan OBE, Golden Globe winner and Emmy-nominee has sold more than 50 million books worldwide.
‘A Passion For Life’ follows on from ‘Second Act’, ‘Katy: A Fight for Life’ and ‘Past Imperfect: an Autobiography’. It is an illustrated guide to the life of the British Icon. It includes childhood pictures, images from film sets around the world and the story of her marriage to Percy Gibson.
Joan has written 17 books including beauty books and guides on style. Joan returned to the stage in 2013 with her acclaimed one woman show ‘One Night With Joan’. She is a regular contributor to The Spectator.
In 2005 finding it hard to adjust to my newly adopted country, my friend Sandra comforted me with a cup of ‘The Sur Le Nil’ from ‘Mariage Freres’ and some of her best baking. Somewhat later she presented us with a selection of their beautifully packaged teas as a wedding gift.
Around 1660, Nicolas Mariage was dispatched to Persia, the East Indies and the Moghul Empire by King Louis XIV, whilst his brother Pierre travelled to Madagascar; both on behalf of the French East India Company. A 100 years later, Jean-Francois Mariage still traded in tea and spices and taught the business to his four sons in Lille. In 1845 two of the sons Aime and Auguste, founded ‘Auguste Maraige & Company’ in Paris. Having learned the trade from their father, Aime’s sons Henri and Edouard founded the Mariage Freres tea company in Paris on June 1, 1845.
Mariage Freres sells more than 500 high quality teas grown in 35 different countries. They uphold the fine art of serving tea by design and reproduction of beautiful tea services, teapots and utensils.
Mariage Freres tea is now available in the basement of Selfridges, Oxford Street, London.