Work With Me
- Utility at Anya Hindmarch
- My Year In The Fast Lane – Going Global.
- The 10 Principles of Power
- Brand You – Preparing For Success
- A Winter of Travel: Freedom, Business, Lifestyle
- Nothing To Wear- Find Your Signature Style
- Start Your Own Business
- The Eagle has Landed – American Eagle at Westfield London
- A Summer of Travel: Business and Pleasure
- West Coast Winter – South Africa
- Fabulous at Forty: Diane Von Furstenberg Wrapping Up At Galeries Lafayette.
- Une journée à Seven Dials
- Queen Bestows Damehood On Zandra Rhodes
- What Would Maya Angelou Do?
- Health And Wealth – Herbalife’s Winning Formula Against Obesity And Unemployment.
- Can The Sugar And Shake Your Cravings…
- Dot London – April 29
- Autumn Trend: A Red Hot 2014.
- Paris Fashion Week – Streetstyle
- Parlez-Vous M&S? – Twenty New Food Stores To Open In France.
- Celine’s New Flagship Store Opens At No.103 Mount Street London.
- Stay Cool With The ‘Ice Queen’ Of French Cinema – Catherine Deneuve
- Woman On The Move – Anita Barr Joins Harvey Nichols
- Ines de la Fressange Paris’ LifeWear Uniqlo Collection.
- I Can See Clearly Now.
- A French Affair
- Boris Johnson – ‘Mad Props To The Real G’
- Phoebe Philo – Sneaking Into Work.
- Hermès – The Kelly, The Birkin And Other Keepsakes.
- Victoria Beckham – Pretty Powerful.
- Nigella Lawson – The Taste of Success.
- Stella McCartney – Music And Fashion Were Always My Passion.
- French Women Don’t Get Facelifts
- Mulberry – The Delevingne Factor
- Are You Sitting Down?
- The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- BOE Chief Mark Carney – Raising The Roof On UK Mortgage Loan Boom.
- Churchhaven – West Coast National Park South Africa
- Blue Sky Thinking – Enjoying South African Hospitality
- Winelands Marathon – Making A Run For It!
- Isabel Marant Tees Up At H&M.
- Oxford Street Christmas Lights.
- J Crew – Michelle Obama’s Click To Chic Hits London
- Slim And Strong For Life – Unleash Your Potential.
- supermodel flyfisher
- Bobbi Brown – First UK Standalone Store At White City
- Postcards From Paris
- Joan Collins – A Passion For Life
- The Thames Path – Europe’s Most Spectacular City Walk.
- Tea And Sympathy – Mariage Freres
December 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Blogs I Follow
Marie Casey on What Would Maya Angelou D… Jo on My Year In The Fast Lane… 25 World’s Most Powe… on Angela Ahrendts – Energy… Brittany on Nothing To Wear- Find Your Sig… engelaminshull on A Summer of Travel: Business a…
No Instagram images were found.
- Follow worklondonstyle on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: West Coast
It was a last minute decision to take part. It would be the 36th Winelands Marathon and the 16th Half Marathon. It would be a difficult and hilly route, undulating through the vineyards and strawberry farms of Stellenbosch, in the Western Cape of South Africa. One international phone call later my plane ticket and place were booked for the race. I am a keen walker but had not done any running in my London lifestyle in the past few years. It sounded like fun.
The race serves as official qualifier for the 2014 Comrades and Two Oceans marathons. The cut off time for the marathon is 5h30 and 3h30 for the half marathon. There would be medals for all finishers.
The route started in rain near my old Alma Mater, Bloemhof Girls’ High and crossed the Eerste river taking us down towards the Strand and Somerset West. So far so good. Then we hit the gravel stretch. The road turned up towards the mountain, with the next 7 km a corrugated, muddy gravel road.
From here it was almost all down hill. I finished in a respectable well under 3 hour time, just ahead of my team mates, which enabled me to grab a West Coast Team photo finish.